Erase Frame

Hello All

I am trying to fill the contents of a frame from scratch, but the second
time my call is made, the data is appended to the current contents.  the
data written is "<HTML><BODY...>...</BODY><HTML>.  there are images --
all with width and height -- and there are links ( the images ).  the
call that writes the data is

function write_doc( the_doc , the_data ) {
	the_doc.open( "text/html" );
	the_doc.write( the_data );
	the_doc.close();
}

the first time it is called, it writes over the html file that was
originally in the frame, as planned.  the second time, i write very
similar data ( a tic tac toe board ) and it shows up below the first
one.  i am working on a mac, if this is a known bug for my platform, but
i have written similar things, using the same write function, and it
erased the frame before filling it again.  how do I erase the frame ???

Eric
mailto:slb2@axe.humboldt.edu