JavaScript and tables

I'm having trouble with some javascript code that uses the cookies.txt
file. It works great outside of a table but when I call the same
function inside a table in the same document, I receive a javascript
error message. Could some of you folks that are much smarter in
JavaScript than I am please take a look at the following url
http://www.gnatnet.net/~jlangfor/john4.htm
and see if you can help me with this problem?? I've tried to document
the problem on the page so that it will be easy to find.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and will probably keep me out of
the doghouse with my wife, who is beginning to complain that JavaScript
is taking up too much of my time!!

If you have time, you could also visit my homepage (that works) at:
http://www.gnatnet.net/~jlangfor

Thanks in advance,

John Langford