Re: JavaScript Digest V001 #88

>From: Michael Arena <arena@lightbridge.com>
>Is it possible to modify the toolbar?
Yes, but not very extensively.  You have the same options available to you
that you do when setting up NS (directory buttons, etc).

>Is it possible to change the menu shown when right-clicking the mouse?
>Can you even do this in Java?
Not that I know of (but I only know ->.<- much Java, so...
>Do you have to become a Netscape development partner to get access to these
>kind of internal features?
I doubt you could do it even then.  You could, however (if you're into
pain), deveolp your own plug-in to recognize filetypes of *.arena and have
it do whatever you're wanting.

>From: Matt Greenwood <matt@shire.math.columbia.edu>
>Is there anyway I can trap this event, so that I can, say, reload a
>different URL when the user clicks on a frame?
Somebody flame me if I'm wrong here, but No, not with JavaScript.  Java,
maybe...

>From: ernie_oporto@MENTORG.COM (Ernie Oporto)
>I would like to create a button that prints the contents of a specific
>frame only.  Is there a Javascript function I can call, and pass the
>name of the frame so that only that gets printed?
Direct hardware control like that is not allowed in JavaScript, but what
you can do is this:
Have the browser pop up the new URL in a window all its own and send an
alert window to the user saying "Please click your 'print' button now."

>From: ernie_oporto@MENTORG.COM (Ernie Oporto)
>I have a scrolling text javascript running on my web page,
[...]
>How do I get rid of it for good?
That's one of the main problems/complaints with Marquees, they just keep
going and going and going...  Onw way would be to have a checkbox
(somewhere) on the page that disables the scrolling text and returns them
to some default position.  Or just have the Marquee only scroll a (small)
finite number of times.  It could also be a problem with the algorithm you
are using to scroll the marquee.

Well, that's more than two cents worth, but I hope someone gained
something...

Matt Smith for President in 2024!  (for info: mwsmith@clemson.edu)
"First, the world looks a lot different when you're six inches tall and
covered in feathers. Second, two heads are definitely not better than one.
And finally you can lay an egg and still feel like a man."