Re: frames verification

You can set timers to periodicially look for a given frame, but I think it's
far easier to just put an onLoad even in the frameset document (you place it
in the <FRAMESET> tag) that calls a function in one of the frames to get
things going.  For example, if the frame that has the script you want to run
is named myframe, and the function is called getGoing, you'd call it thusly
(always wanted to use "thusly" in a sentence):

<FRAMESET ... onLoad="parent.myframe.getGoing()">

-- Gordon
http://gmccomb.com/javascript/