Re: Lengthy Javascript message...

Ernie Oporto wrote:
> I have a scrolling text javascript running on my web page, but if I
> let it run for quite some time, I get a very annoying message that
> says "Lengthy Javascript Still Running.  Continue?"  There is no way
> that we will be able to tolerate using a real app if that message is
> going to keep coming up.
>
> How do I get rid of it for good?

You can't as far as I know (at least for now).  As I understand it, this
is a feature put in to prevent JavaScript scripts from going into
infinite loops and silently chewing up CPU time on your system.  I think
the message comes up after 1,000,000 continuous operations in the
JavaScript run-time system.

I guess my question is: other than text scrolling in JavaScript (which
many people deprecate anyway), are there any real-life JavaScript
applications for which this restriction would really be a problem?  I
don't make decisions about this sort of thing, but I'd be glad to
provide input to our marketing folks if there's widespread support for
removing or relaxing this restriction.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker          Pre-sales tech support, Netscape Federal sales
hecker@netscape.com   http://home.netscape.com/people/hecker/