Re: Max Size of arrays?

It's probably the *content* of the array -- particularly the later ones --
if you know what I mean! <g>  Seriously, under Windows 95 I've created far
larger arrays.  In fact, for a test I created an array with over 65,000
elements, each element with 100 characters.  The hard drive about spun out
of its bay, but Netscape took it in stride.

How are you definining that array, BTW?  I just ran this and it worked okay
under Unca Bill's Folly.

<SCRIPT>
BigArray = new Object();
for (Count = 1; Count < 1000; Count ++) {
	BigArray[Count] = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ "
}
alert (BigArray[999])  // just to test of of 'em
</SCRIPT>

Does your quiz have neat questions like, "Who was vice president under
Alexander Hamilton?"  Or better yet, "Who was vice president under George
Hamilton?"

-- Gordon
http://gmccomb.com/javascript/