Concerning a problem when 2000 rolls around.

Has anyone else ran into this problem and does anyone know the
proposed "fix" that will be released??

OK, when using Netscape 2.0 on a WIN95 platform, when I use the
following :

tDay = new Date("November 28, 1996 12:07:41")
Year = vDay.getYear()

I get a value of "96".  No problem, docs say it subtracts year
from1900.

Being curious I decided to try one below 1900, such as:

tDay = new Date("November 28, 1896 12:07:41")

(for those 'old timers' out there)
Anyway, Netscape illegal operates and closes.

OK, I can see that, that may just be my academic curiousity being
stupid, BUT.....

the only valid date range I can use it 1970 to 1999.
So as I said,
"Has anyone else ran into this problem and does anyone know the
proposed "fix" that will be released??"

'They' obviously must do somthing by 2000!!

Thanks,
Lem Brothers