Subject: Forms, External CGI's blah blah blah (fwd)

Here is another of the dread bounce messages:

-Richard

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 21:16:06 -0600
From: Mike Vesey <mvesey@mail.inacom.com>
To: javascript@obscure.org
Subject: Forms, External CGI's blah blah blah

I am looking for a way to use JavaScript to turn a radio type button
into a submit type button.  By this I mean when a user clicks on a radio
button (or imagemap that looks similar) I want Javascript to call a CGI
or NSAPI and pass form elements (hidden fields) via stdin.  The problem
here is, in order to get the desired user interface I cannot use forms
and submit buttons.
An example of what I am trying to do:
Take a stoplight for example
--------
|  red |  (hidden field) value 100
|yellow|  (hidden field) value 200
|Green |  (hidden field) value 300
--------
now use your imagination, I want the red yellow and green to be buttons
(radio or similar)  When you click on one of those I want the
value passed to a CGI which will decide what color to paint the screen
based on that value.  I know the logic is screwy here but I have a good
reason.
Thanks
Mike