Re: How to know that a window is still open

Weird.  The following works for me (I'm using Windows 95, BTW):

<SCRIPT>
if (window.name == "")
	alert ("top level window")
else
	alert ("not top level window")

win = window.open ("", "newwin")  // just make a new window
if (win.name == "")
	win.alert ("top level window")
else
	win.alert ("not top level window")