Re: onMouseOver problems.

Sean Mullally wrote:

>> I have a page with thumbnail images that link to larger images. I am
>> tring to use JavaScript to put a caption for each image in
>> Netscape's location bar that usually would show the URL of each link.
>> I am trying to use the onMouseOver event handler, but only the first
>> image in the document will do this properly, the rest continue to show
>> the URL. UNLESS I exit the page and go back, making Netscape reload the
>> page from cache. Then it works properly on all images.
>> Has anyone had a similar problem, or know a solution?

>chris moses wrote:
>YES!!! The basic fact of life is that, in my final conclusion, JavaScript
SUCKS!!! I

The biggest mistake folks seem to make when implementing java script is they
neglect to give all images on the page whether linked to the script or not a
image width and height atribute. I can not see why you would say that
javascript sucks, I am in love with it, and find that there are a few small
problems and somethings that do not work very well that peolpe have tried,
but basically it gives you a lot more freedom in page design.

Also I must thank everyone who has helped me get up to speed on javascript
and invite you to visit my site where I have implemented some of the better
ideas I have found out in the javascript community. http://bcpub.com

Thanks Chris