Re: Upload Charges

Gordon Mueller wrote:

> Dear JavaScript group people,
>
> I just wanted to send a warning around to people that may not know
> this...
>
> When Andrew Wooldridge (JavaScript Index) fetured my site (MUD) I
> was more than pleased, but since I got my bill from my provider last
> month I wasn't so happy. It seems they charge for web transfer-
> thats files requested by SOMEONE ELSE! Lots of you good folk came to
> see my site, but now I had to remove it (you can still e-mail me if
> you really want to see it).
>
> Moral of the story...check if you'll get charged by your provider
> for putting something cool on the web. They might not have told you
> this when you signed up.
>
> Gordon Mueller
> mud@gonzo.wolfenet.com

Check to see if you signed an explicit contract to that effect.  If not, they
can't charge you.  They may say it was in an agreement that you had agreed to
when you signed up, but if what you signed didn't say that either, then your
free and clear.  Call the manager there, and if he gives you static tell them
you are calling the BBB and filing suit.  Even if it's $20 and they don't
back down, follow it through you get your money and your account back.