Reading Javascript variable

                      Subject:                              Time:  4:20 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         Reading Javascript variables from...    Date:  3/7/96

I have been able to use the showDocument() method in a Java applet to call a
JavaScript function (see
http://www.his.com/~smithers/freq/beta/jsfaq.html#js).  But, I would like to
be able to do the reverse (i.e. obtain the value of a JavaScript variable from
a Java applet), and have tried several techniques, but nothing works. I know
this isn't supposed to be available until at least 2.1, but does anybody know
if there is an undocumented way to do this ?

  Robert Thuleen
  Sr. Software Engineer
  Science Applications International Corp (SAIC)
  San Diego, Ca.