Re: Data exchange between wendows

Paul Khramtsov wrote:

> Dear Javascripts fans.
>
> May I ask you to answer the following questions:
>
> 1. Is it possible to use a set of global variables to different Navigator windows?

good question. Let me know if you figure it out

> 2. Is it possible to declare function in top window and use it in child window?

Yes, instead of calling myfunction(), call parent.myfunction()

> 3. What does mean an object "parent" in Navigator object hierarchy?

The window that 'created' the current window. umm... well, you can
find a much better description at:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vood

> 4. Does anybody try to extend built-in object of Navigator (i.e. build a multiwindows object but not a frameset)?

Never thought of that, I'll give it some thought.