Frames and JS - stupid question, probably

Hi -

I'm having a little bit of trouble getting some js code to work
when using frames.  I'm using what basically amounts to the
usual script that lets you scroll messages across the status
bar, and it works wonderfully when I use it on single pages.
But when I try and use it either in the inital frame-defining
page or on any of the pages that load under the auspicies of the
initial page, it seems to die.

Any ideas as to how to get around this?

Frank