Re: Frames and such

At 05:36 PM 2/28/96 -0700, you wrote:
>This question may not be about javascript as such.
>
>I have a page with a frame of buttons that run along the bottom. I want to
>keep these buttons visable when a user goes to any other page. However when
>the user chooses the home button to return to the first page I am getting
>the buttons frame drawn one on top of the other.
>
>Qestion: How do I get it so that the user will see only the original button
>fram and not new one placed on top of the original everytime he returns to
>the home page?
>
>Thanks

>Gregory Kearney, Editor                      Trib.com the internet Newspaper?
>P.O. Box 80 170 Star Lane                                (307) 266-0570 voice
>Casper, Wyoming 82602 USA                               (307) 266-0501 fax
>kearney@trib.com                                        http://www.trib.com/

Greg:

There are two ways you could do this.

Probably the easiest way I can think of would be to point that page that
loads the frames (ie, frames.html) then define the target as "_top".

<A HREF="frames.html" target="_top">

That tells the browser to override any existing frames and start over.  The
only downfall to that is you undo any changes to the frames.

The other way would be to load the page that the original frame document
calls to that window, using the target as the desired frame.

<A HREF="mainpage.html" target=myframe>

Ryan

      --- Dedicated to the consumption of all caffeine on the planet. ---