Re: AOHelL

>1. AOL owns an interesting file format called ART that has a high (to the
>   point of dubious quality) compression scheme that combines audio and
>   graphical. They use some version I think already off the net on AOL
>   ART bleeds the graphic in when loaded.

        ART is like JPEG++.  It's a 24 bit scalably-lossy
compression algorithm.  It differs from JPEG in that it uses
different compression techniques and allows you to tag the
hotspots that you want to perform the least compression on
when you do the actual compression.  Supposedly Johnson-Grace
(now owned by AOL) is producing an ART plugin for Netscape
as well.

        -faisal