Re: Closing mulitple windows

>Pat McCarty wrote:
>
>>I am creating online help which, when loaded, opens a
>>new window without toolbars, menubar, etc., and then destroys the main
>>NS window beneath it.
>
>i have been experimenting with this and have stumbled upon some problems
>that you may or may not have experienced. first, the history array is
>destroyed the minute you window.close() the original window. how do your
>users get back to the page that refereed them to it? second, destroying the
>toolbars, directory buttons, and location also destroys the menubar on PCs
>and UNIX boxes. how then do your clients reload, open a new url etc.
>serious navigation problems are arising. i have of course given in to the
>idea that i have to create a javascript-based navigation interface but i am
>wondering if anyone else has other solutions for this problem.
>
>-devon
>
>---------------------------
>d  e  v  o  n     l  a  z  a  r  u  s
>Advanced Technology Group
>c|net online
>http://www.cnet.com/
>http://www.shareware.com/

Devon, there are no serious navigation problems arising. I am creating an
online help which gets launched from my C++ application. I don't want the
user to be able to navigate anywhere but through the help. This is strictly
for INTRANET use.
Also, you asked...
"Has anyone tried opening a new windows and closing the window(s)
behind the new one..."
If you want to close the window behind the new one, you cannot go back to it
after it is closed. Maybe I just don't understand what you are trying to do.

                        Pat McCarty

               .
              .:.                        Patrick T. McCarty

             .:::.                       PC Programming/Internet Consulting
            .:::::.                      McLaughlin Research Corp.
        ***.:::::::.***                 email : pmccarty@ids.net
   *******.:::::::::.*******          www : http://www.ids.net/~pmccarty/
  .