Re: JS in tables?

At 07:37 26/02/96 +0000, you wrote:

>I was trying to implement the SNARK web search JS in one of my pages
>which uses tables (such that the script was initially located within
>one of the tables), but I discovered that NS (SunOS, 2.0) would try
>to render the text of the script first, then place the necessary
>script info, which of course was unacceptable.  Is this a known
>problem with NS, Tables, and JS?

Netscape actually makes two passes through the table rendering system,
this causes a number of incompatibilites with JavaScript.  There
are currently a few work arounds available, most of which involve forcing
any document.write() calls to happen only on the second pass.

|   Cornerstone      | Wes Tatters             |  Using: NAVCIS 1.25 |
|       Productions  | CIS: 100036,174         |  Via    COMT 1.03   |
| Brisbane AUSTRALIA | INT: wtatters@world.net |  and    EUDORAET    |