Pictures and JavaScript

I can't seem to figure out how to embed images on my JavaScript site. For
some reason if I place images on the page, it nullifies the JavaScript
effects. Go figure. Does anyone know how to fix this or is this just a
specific bug to my computer? I don't have the time to write the whole source
code out, but included here should be the file that I created using
JavaScript, without pictures embedded. If you can see the source code fine.
If not, you are all welcome to a party at my fledgling JavaScript website at
http://home.earthlink.net/~orini1/jscript.htm.

--Wil
<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>JavaScript</TITLE>

<SCRIPT language="LiveScript">
	function pushbutton () {alert ("That tickles!");}
	<!--  hide script from old browsers
	function getname (str)  {alert ("What's happenin', "+ str+"!");}
// end hiding contents -->

</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>

<BODY>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#000080" TEXT="#ffffff" LINK="ffd700" VLINK="eee8aa">
<CENTER><H1>The Experimental Page</H1></CENTER>

<HR>
<P>
The Internet is such a fun place to be, wouldn't you say so?  With all the new <A HREF=" http://home.netscape.com"; onMouseover="window.status='Netscape Home Page';return true"> Netscape 2.0</A> plug-ins and viewers, people can now see more multimedia content on the web. All the links should have a special function that you will notice when you put the cursor over them. Also, below should be some simple examples of <A HREF="http://home.netscape.com/comprod/products/navigator/version_2.0/script/script_info/index.html"; onMouseover="window.status='The Definitive JavaScript Resource!';return true">JavaScript</A>, Netscape's take on Sun Microsystems' <A HREF="http://java.sun.com"; onMouseover="window.status='Really Hot Java!';return true">Java </A>deal. It's pretty neat, and it's also pretty new, so don't expect too much from me. I'm a quick learner, and I love challenges, but this one is pretty daunting. I hope you enjoy what I've learned so far. If you guys want to see the source!
  code
for this or just want to tell me that this place rules, please feel free to e-mail me at
</P>
<CENTER><BLINK><I>Orini1.earthlink.net</I></BLINK></CENTER>
<H2>Example 1</H2>
<FORM >
<input type="button" name="Button1" value="Push me" onclick="pushbutton()">
</FORM>
<H2>Example 2</H2>
Please enter your name below and push enter or click away from the form area
<FORM>
	<input type="text" name="name" onBlur="getname (this.value)" value=" ">
</FORM>
<H2>Bugs</H2>
I can't seem to figure out how to embed pictures in HTML with JavaScript! This page would look lots neater if I could figure that out. If you know how to embed .gif or .jpeg or whatever picture files in a JavaScript page, please notify me at once!

<HR>

 <A HREF="index.htm" onMouseover="window.status='What, you want to go home?';return true">Home</A>

<P>
This page was created using <A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/"; onMouseover="window.status='Microsoft will rule the world...';return true">Internet Assistant for Word 2.0z</A>
</P>
<P>