Need help with a form.

I am trying to integrate a small javascript into a Bill Search form.  The
form allows users to search the Bills by Bill Number or by Keyword.  I
would like to have a script that pops up an alert box if a user enters
something in BOTH the Bill Number box and the Keyword box.  The alert box
will say "Search by one method or the other", or something like that.

I've spent several hours wading around in the Netscape JavaScript
Authoring Guide, enough to get pretty confused about forms, the options
array, etc.  It seems that I want something that says (see below for the
form):
  if document.billsrch.bnumber = "anything"  &&
  document.billsrch.bnumber= "anything"
	alert ("you can't do that!")

But I don't know exactly how to form the statement.

I apologize for asking such an apparently simple question, but if someone
can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.  To be honest, I
find it hard to justify (to myself) spending many more (taxpayer-paid)
hours playing with this thing if someone out there can help me.

Thank you,
Mike Darrin

--
Michael S. Darrin
Legislative Data Processing Center

mailto:msd111@psu.edu
msd@palegis.cmic.state.pa.us
Title: Display the Text of a Bill or Resolution

Display the Text of a Bill or Resolution

1.  To search by bill number:

Bill Number: Chamber: Both HouseSenate Document: Both BillResolution

2.  To search by keyword(s):

Getting Started
Back to the Home Page