Re: calling a function in an imagemap

At 11:10 PM 2/15/96 GMT, Jason Farnsworth wrote:
>At 10:12 AM 2/15/96 -0600, you wrote:
>>Hello evry1,
>>
>>I was wondering if there was a way to call a javascript function in the
>>page instead of a url when clicking on a certain point on an imagemap???
>
>You would probably need client side image maps.

Which are available, using the <IMAGEMAP> tag (I think I've got that right).
You can load a graphic and define the hotspot areas with regular HTML
expressions.  At that point, you've got the familiar HTML anchors, and you
can override their behavior the same way you override any other anchor.

-Scotty
 Scott J. Walter        | "Ah'm sorrah, sir ... but y' jes kinna fit
 Walter Enterprises     |  annah muhr on th' floppy.  Y' jes kinna
 SJWalter@WinterNet.COM |  mess wi' th' lahws o' data compression!"
  "It's not a bug ... it's not a feature ... it's an ENHANCEMENT!!"