----------------------
From:             dreamz@webcom.com

below is the script for web page i have done for a client.
(www.sat.net/netgate) anyway, what it does (take a look at the page)
is scroll a message accross the bottom of the netscape 2.0 browswer
window..... im sure youve seen it before

my problem is, i want it to go faster... and i cant make it... anyone
who knows java better than me, which would be anyone who knows java,
please take a look at the script below, which i exerpted from the html
doc, and look at the page, and make suggestions for speeding it up, if
possible. thanks

thanks
dale

script exerpt:
<HEAD>
    <TITLE>NET.Gate Home Page</TITLE>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!-- Beginning of JavaScript Applet -------------------

function scrollit_r2l(seed)

{
        var m1  = "Welcome to NET.Gate, your local access to the
        information
superhighway.  ";
        var m2  = "Our next Learning To Use The Internet Class ill be
        held
on February 28, 1996. ";
        var m3  = "Class time is 7:00pm, and will be held in the
        Second
Floor Classroom at Medical Center Hospital. ";

        var msg=m1+m2+m3;
        var out = " ";
        var c   = 1;

        if (seed > 100) {
                seed--;
                var cmd="scrollit_r2l(" + seed + ")";
                timerTwo=window.setTimeout(cmd,100);
        }

        else if (seed <= 100 && seed > 0) {
                for (c=0 ; c < seed ; c++) {
                        out+=" ";
                }

                out+=msg;
                seed--;
                var cmd="scrollit_r2l(" + seed + ")";
                    window.status=out;
                timerTwo=window.setTimeout(cmd,100);
        }

        else if (seed <= 0) {
                if (-seed < msg.length) {
                        out+=msg.substring(-seed,msg.length);
                        seed--;
                        var cmd="scrollit_r2l(" + seed + ")";
                        window.status=out;
                        timerTwo=window.setTimeout(cmd,100);
                }
                else {
                        window.status=" ";
                        timerTwo=window.setTimeout("scrollit_r2l(100)"
                        75);
                }
        }
}

// -- End of JavaScript code -------------- -->

</SCRIPT>

</HEAD>

<BODY onLoad="timerONE=window.setTimeout ('scrollit_r2l(100)',200);" >

thanks!
For the love of simplicity in admiration of complexity,
A n x . s c a n

anx.scan@ix.netcom.com
fax: 1.708.369.6510

Try This: t h e  b a s e m e n t  i n d u s t r y
http://www.webcom.com/anx.scan