onMouseOver

Has anyone figured out a way to get onMouseOver used in conjunction with
the status to revert to the defaultStatus message when the mouse is not
over the anchored text?  That is, if I have code that runs:

<script>parent.defaultStatus="This is the default message";</script>
and later
<A HREF="myUrl" onMouseOver="status='This is the temp text.';return
true">Some text in a paragraph</A> with some more text.

THe status message stays "This is the temp text." even when I leave the
anchor.  I know this was covered here before, but I never did see a
resolution.

BTW, is anyone planning on writing a JavaScript FAQ?

Kurt Cagle
Cagle Communications