Javascript group in NYC?

Does anyone know if there is some informal organisation that exists for
people interested in Javascript to meet in NYC. I believe there are such
groups in other parts of the country/world and am seeking one in NYC. If
there is one, would someone please direct me to it in order to find out
more information. If there isn't one, is there sufficient interest in
starting one?

Regards,
SETH

Seth D. Palmer                                      QUE SERA SERF
sdpalmer@panix.com                               - Life is feudal.

                    DIGI.INTELLIGENTSIA, LTD.
           Technologies Avancees-Solutions Creatrices