RE: Javascript questions

At 09:02 PM 2/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>This fails because the Javascript must exist in the current HTML document.
The validate function does not exist in the form window, so it fails.

>You can get around this by saving the original window like this:
>
>newWindow = window.open("","newWindow",...);
>newWindow.creator=window; // creator is an undocumented property

Are you sure creator is an undocumented property?  I wonder if you just
haven't added the property to the object.  Usually you can enumerate all the
supported properties of an object with a for...in loop.  When I tried this,
creator didn't show up.  Of course, it did when I first added the
newWindow.creator=window line.  It also works if I write
newWindow.ilovelucy=window.  I do agree that creator is better than
ilovelucy! <g>

Anyway, I'm curious as to where this creator property showed up.

-- Gordon