Javascript prompting FIND

Greetings,
I would term my idea to be called a Client side database.

Is it possible that javascript could prompt the FIND search dialog box
to appear ? The situation would be for a large index file. If it
is possible, then the second question is can one modify the Find dialog
box to allow for search modifications.

I'm sure this is possible, but I am clueless as to what the script would
look like. I have surfed to find such a mechanism, but no luck. I don't
want to wait till Danny Goodman's Javascript book comes out ;-)
dave