Re: Frames and forms help.

On Thu, 1 Feb 1996, Steven J. Weinberger wrote:

>         I am writing a page with JS and frames, and I have a question about
> accessing forms from different frames.  Each frame conatains documents with
> some of their own JS <script> and a form.  I am trying to get an onClick()
> on one form to copy a value from another form in another frame. like putting
> in one script:
>                         onClick="parent.total.myform.textbox.value='5'";
>
> where total is a named frame, myform is a named form in it, and textbox is
> in that form.  This line is on a form in another named frame. What I always
> get back is a "myform has no properties" error. Is there a way to get into
> one form's fields from another form/file/script? Or will i have to make
> variables to hold the data, and then trigger a function on the other page to
> read it in?
>
>                                         Any help appreciated,
>                                         Steven Weinberger

Steven, I think you need to refer to the form in another frame
with
 window.parent.total.myform

JP

Jon Gorrono (Gorro&ntilde;o)            1400-M Surge II
New Media Programmer/Analyst            UC Davis
Creative Communication Services         Davis, CA   95616
A Division of Information Technology    (916)752-0218;FAX-4655
University of California at Davis       jpgorrono@ucdavis.edu
Owner:Digital Video Discussion List	DIGVID-L@UCDAVIS.EDU

"Dogs are insecure and neurotic and agitated, and generally in
 the throes of some unbecoming emotion,
 and I like them." - Adair Lara