Re: scrolling the browser

> Does anyone know a way to cause the netscape browser to scroll?  I have
> an nph-cgiscript that sends a fairly continuous stream of data down
> to the browser, and I would like the browser to scroll automatically as
> new data comes in.
> Could this be accomplished with java as opposed to javascript?

The only way I can think of is to use location.hash

Before each piece of data come in, document.write an <a name="..."></a>
location.hash can then be called to jump to the specified name tag
(just like linking to http://.../your.document.html#name.of.tag)

If you want it to progressively scroll up or down, label the name tags as
ascending or descending numbers.