Re: Using button events to jump to a new web page

At 10:11 AM 1/2/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I am new to javascript, and this ought to be easy, but so far I am
>stumped.

I as well. On both accounts. :)

>To start with, I want to script a button to "onClick", go to
>a particular URL.  I can't seem to do this -- none of the netscape
>examples are a help. The method window.open gets close to
>what I want to do, but I want to go to the URL using the currently
>open window, not in a new window. I don't know the name of the
>default netscape window in any event.

Um, I'm a little confused as to exactly what you want, but something like
...'cept as a button? No netscape frames involved?

Generally onClick merely processes javascript code, functions to compute
something or modify/check data you've entered.

Maybe a little example javascript? :)
--min

>Jim Solderitsch
>jjs@wpllabs.com
>610-658-2362 (FAX: 2361)

----Minimalist---Note: Expect occasional delays of up to a week for--y
Lewis A. Sellers   email due to time constraints. Remail to remind.  a
-----SEA, Inc.-------|-"Human kind can not bear very much reality."--z  \/
   (Eos Advisor)     |                               -t.s.eliot      z (oo)
MOSAPI GRAIL Project |     http://www.1stresource.com/l/lsellers     ? meow?