Re: JavaScript and e-mail

>It would be real handy to be able to construct and send email from within
>JavaScript. I can't see andy way to do this right now. Such a system would
>avoid a whole lot of CGI trouble when it comes to submitting form. for
>examaple a script could take the value of the fields, place those values
>into the body of a message and send it to an address all without ever
>having to go back to the server.
>If this can be done I would like to know how.
Hmm..  Perhaps you could try changing the window's location URL(I think it
is .href) to a mailto URL.. or you could set the form's action to a mailto...
<form name="whatever" method=POST action="mailto:user@domain";>
</form>
This may not work.. but it is worth a try.

    *    In Real Life     |        On Rivers of MUD         *
    *   Joshua Gooding    |   (telnet://rom.efn.com:9000)   *
    *                     |        Garlan and Grunt         *
    *      In TFed        |          On  Tesseract          *
    *    Jack Perlin      |  (telnet://hypercube.org:9000)  *
    *                     |        Garlan and Cedric        *
    *     In Coranthia(telnet://mserv1.wizvax.net:9201      *
    *                      Garlan                           *
    *  Go ahead and flame me if you want but don't expect   *
    *                    a response.                        *