Here are some posts that I have either saved, hunted down, or in some way
gotten my hands on from alt.gothic. As the song goes,
these are a few of my favorite things, and I hope you find them useful,
- Take A Bite 1.0 This is the original
TaB, with such classics as the Goth Test, the Guide to Goth Dancing,
Principia Diabolicus, Make-Up Guide, and more, more, more!
- Take A Bite 2.0 Second in the series
of net.goth handbooks, this includes valuable information such as rat
care, plus includes favorites like Dear Gothic Agony Aunt......
- A to Z of Goth Here's one person's
interpretation of that classic A to Z list.
- Absinthe FAQ This FAQ should leave
you reeling and passed out on the floor.
- The a.g Napalm Guide Sexbat's
classic guide to flaming on a.g. Do you have what it takes to earn a kebab?
- Oh my God, there is an axe in my head!
Youhaun's translations of this line will help you out in any country that
agrees to let you in.....
- MAKE.CLOVES.FAST A post by yours
truely, er, I mean, David Rhodes, for all
those goths out
there who have ever been annoyed by those Make.Money.Fast schemes.....
- Vlad's Drinking Guide Here are some
drink recipes, collected by myself, that will keep you buzzing all day
- Hangover Remedies Here is one of
my favorite hangover remedies. It is based upon the fact that I have
experienced this exact situation more than once. I have also had more
than one occassion where I forgot to remove my makeup and ended up
looking like Nik Fiend, but my makeup guide shall come later.....
- alt.gothic FAQ Well, this one is a
- The Goth Friendly Exam An exam,
created by Bob, to see if those normals should be washed with their goths
or if they should be washed seperately.
- Lady Renee's Hair Guide Having trouble
making your hair take to that dye job? Look here for answers.
- History of Goth An old post of
Sexbat's; here he gives a quick history of the gothic movement. Much
shorter than the Principia Diabolicus, so if all you want is a quick fix....
- The Gothic Joke List Some great jokes,
and the oh so long line of ever-present lightbulb jokes. A must see......
- Ken I Am A poem by OLoP which is about
me. I think it's kinda funnny, and deserves a special place here on my page.
- Laughing at the Void A report done
by Voron for a class. Here he explains some of the elements that he takes
to be essential to the gothic movement.
- The Gothic Music List A list of what
are considered the 'Gothic Groups', which is useful if you are looking
for music. Remember, this is only one person's opinion......
- Perkygoff FAQ Created by Joel Metz,
this is also sort of self-explanatory.
- Perkygoff Manifesto Another great post
from Joel Metz, this
is the creed we are not supposed to live by. That is, if I read it
Not that it matters- perkys never do what they are told, unless they feel
- Perygoff Test This test will show
whether or not you are a perkygoff. Or not. Or you can make up your own
test. Or change the questions so you score higher. Or lower. Hell, if you
have to ask, then read the FAQ and Manifesto.
- Sisters of Mercy FAQ I This is the
Dominion FAQ, but it's an old one.
- Sisters of Mercy FAQ II This is a
more recent, more comprehensive FAQ from Dominion.
- Wakey Wakey Time This is an old post of
mine that was a response to someone asking "What do goths do with their
- White Sock FAQ Ever wonder how it is
possible to wear white socks with all black and still be cool? Here is
the place for you.
- Dead Things Andrew Oakley and his
fiance thought up a new car game that can be fun for the whole family,
and all it takes is a few players, a car, and some carcasses.
- Ode To Darkcell DC learned to be
careful what you ask for, because you just might get it.
- What Did Jesus Say? Ian Herrick asks
a troller a simple question, and gets lots of answers from those
alt.gothic denizens. Take a look yourself!
- Vlad's Music News A new edition here
in my archives, this is a tongue in cheek look at music through a
Scared? Run away home, dearie!